The Norwegian minister of Oil and Energy, Kjell-Børge Freiberg visited Kitemill together with Gisle Meininger Saudland to learn more about resources in higher altitude, Airborne Wind Energy and joint effort at Lista Norway.
Joint effort at Lista
During his visit he got a presentation of Lister Nyskapning, Farsund Kommune, Kitemill, FEcreate and Lista AWE Center. Sør Energi and Lista Lufthavn was also among the present companies.
The main message from Kitemill
Wind in higher altitudes, a new and significant energy resource which need to be better mapped.
A possible new Norwegian industrial adventure.
Opportunities are here
- Test centre initiative - whish to build a competence centre.
- Industrial initiative by FEcreate and Kitemill - relevant industry with leading competence in Norway.
- Rules and regulation - Norway in the front - a temporary advantage.
Challenges to overcome
- Private capital
- Home market needed to secure export industry.
- Incentives needed to scaled to bring forward a new industry.
The message was brought forward strong and clear by all participating companies and the minister with his colleges was grateful for the brief.