Renewableenergy from a reliable source at competitive price is the key to the goodfuture of our planet. Kitemill has found the solution high up in the air and iscommitted to show the performance of airborne wind energy. Our future clients -the energy companies, are conservative and focused on reliability andavailability in their energy producing plants. Kitemill shall give them whatthey need.
Kitemillemploys a team of skilled and experienced experts. We are testing our KM0 andKM1 prototypes in Lista, Norway, where we also will develop our next KM2 models.
Kitemill has an ambition to reach a more operationalphase with its demonstrator during 2022.
To meet its challenges and development targets, Kitemill is now recruitingan aero-mechanical engineer. The aero-mechanical engineer will have a responsibility for the mechanicaldesign of the KM2 system – a rigid kite with wingspan of 12-15m.
The Aero-mechanical engineer will contribute to develop and producethe most efficient kite for the kite turbines. He / she will contribute to thedevelopment of the planform, up to the manufacturing of the kite as well as thefinal testing of the system. He / she will work together with our collaborating partners onfinding an optimal solution dependent on the defined specifications andrequirements.
The person will have the internal responsibility to develop and mechanicallyconstruct (or contribute to) parts of the system (related to kite). He / she willcontribute to the development and design as well as in the final testing of thesystem. He / shewill make production-ready drawings using engineering methods.
Ideally the candidate has an aerospace background leaning towards structuralmechanics, material strength, analysis of the plane (FEA), 3D CAD modelling (e.g.,SolidWorks), and drawings to industry standard. The person should haveexperience with documentation and manufacturing methods.
· Strength ofmaterials.
· Finiteelement analysis on aircraft or kites using any known solver such as ANSYS,MECWAY.
· CAD modellingusing SolidWorks and produce drawings that are of industrial standard,including mechanical tolerances.
· Compositedesign including materials, fibre directions, design factors, production,autoclave tooling.
· Knowledge onfluid structure interaction is a must.
· Build and/ormodify dynamically representative finite element models (FEM) using NASTRAN
· Perform modal structural analyses
· Coupleaerodynamic forces with the model by generating doublet-lattice and linearized Euler aerodynamics
· Performflutter analyses and interpret results
· Perform aero-servo-elasticanalyses
English writing and communication are mandatory. The personshould be independent and self-motivating. A passion for renewable energy is amust!
The companyaims at increasing the number of female employees, such that female applicantsare especially encouraged to apply for this position.
Would you like to know more?
Contact Manoj Mandru, email@example.com