George Galloway has an extensive background with experience from the oil and gas sector, but in recent years has devoted his efforts to far more sustainable solutions. That is why he now works with Kitemill, while he is also investing in the company.
Scotsman George Galloway was educated in his native Glasgow,before taking his university degree at Heriot Watt in Edinburgh.
Now the experienced industrialist and investor has invested in Kitemill. George both assists Kitemill with his unique expertise,while also participating in Kitemill's crowdfunding campaign.
- I am both proud and happy that someone with such a recognized capacity as George, is now working in the Kitemill team. The fact that he is also one of our many new investors gives me great faith that our crowdfunding campaign will be a success, says Thomas Hårklau.
Consultantwork within HSE and Quality
- In my extensive career in oil and gas I’ve had to adapt and learn new skills. This was even more prevalent when working with small service companies and starting up new businesses. There was always a need to introduce and develop a management system with particular focus on HSE and Quality. Kitemill already has a set of procedures and quality plans to meet the needs of the business today but recognizing the potential scalability now is the time to work on the right structure of Quality Management System (QMS) and also strengthen existing Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) controls,Personnel Management systems and training. These are areas fundamental to the success of the business that I am supporting the Kitemill team with implementing, says George.
He holds a BSc (Hons) in Offshore Engineering from the Heriot-Watt University. George Galloway is a chartered Chemical Engineer, member of The Energy Institute and the Society of Petroleum Engineers.
In 1985 he started his career with Mobil Oil as a Petroleum Engineer, specializing in completion, work over and well intervention operations. After a spell with a small North Sea operator he joined the Expro Group where George held various senior management positions both in well servicing operations and international business development.
Foundedthe Well Academy
In 2012 he co-founded The Well Academy, a well control training institute and WellSpec, a well engineering consultancy business. After helping to build Well Academy into a global training provider with centres in Netherlands,USA and Australia, Galloway exited both businesses to turn his attention to providing independent energy advisory services via his own business GeoTechInvest.
Why Galloway invests in Kitemill
- In many of my previous businesses, whether I was staff or freelance there was as opportunity to invest. Investing in a company you do work with makes you feel part of the team and provides that added incentive to make your own positive contribution to the success of the business. Kitemill is no exception and of course I took that opportunity to invest, when that was presented to me, by Thomas Hårklau and Asgeir Løno, says George.
Kitemill's sustainable solution
- Compared with traditional wind turbines Kitemill offers a much more sustainable solution to the global climate crisis. The benefit of being able to harness more power at high altitude, with significantly less construction material and be less of an eyesore on the physical environment is a concept I truly believe in and want to play my part in making it real and successful, underlines George.
If anyone can do it, Kitemill can !
- As an investor, what do you think about Kitemill's future?
- In my relatively short time with Kitemill I have come to know some of the team players, and feel a real sense of drive and commitment to make the Kitemill solution of Airborne Wind Energy a technical and commercial success. It is not without its challenges but if anyone can do it, Kitemill can. I am very excited to be a part of the Kitemill journey to providing a more sustainable solution of harnessing energy from the wind, says George.
You can join George as investor in Kitemill through an crowdfunding campaign lasting 14 days from 7th of December 2022.
Crowdfunding platform; Folkeinvest
For non-Norwegians; e-mail
Invests in a sustainable solution: George Galloway says he is very excited to be a part of the Kitemill journey to a providing a more sustainable solution of harnessing energy from the wind.
Strong education, long experience: George Galloway holds a BSc (Hons) in Offshore Engineering from the Heriot-Watt University. George Galloway is a chartered Chemical Engineer, member of The Energy Institute and the Society of Petroleum Engineers.